Tuesday, February 4, 2020

SOLTuesday: How Much Does That Phone Weigh?

I’m in the weight room at the gym. The area by the free weights is packed with men. There are usually four benches here, but tonight there are six, and a seventh nearby. Usually, I would have left with so many men in this area, but there's a free bench at the end, so I take it.
     I take my five-pound weights from the racks and seven-pound weights from a table where small weights are piled on top of each other, and keep them by my bench. This way, I can do my shoulder and arm exercises without having to go back and forth to the racks.
     Putting back the five-pound weights, I see that someone has put his phone on one of the empty five-pound spaces. What is wrong with these people? Fortunately, there is space for my weights, and I don't have to wonder whether I will put my weight on top of some guy's phone.

-------------------------------------
It’s Slice of Life Tuesday over at Two Writing Teachers. Check out this encouraging and enthusiastic writing community and their slices of life every Tuesday. And add one of your own.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn’t worry about putting the weight on some dude’s phone. Not my fault if he mistakes a weight rack for a phone cradle.

    BTW: I have a name for the area you described: Testosterone Pit.

    ReplyDelete