Tuesday, January 19, 2021

SOLTuesday: Are You Bored?

 Since the pandemic started and people have been staying at home, I’ve seen many articles about how to deal with the boredom. 

 

            I am not bored. I’m retired, but I do have about eight hours a week of free-lance work. The rest of the time, I have no problem dreaming up projects. For instance...


           
Cleaning out the bottom of one of my closets four months ago, I found a bag full of knitted squares, 36 different squares, already pinned together in groups of six and labeled rows 1-6. I had, who knows how many years ago, laid them all out and decided how they could be put together into an afghan. Then put them in a bag and forgot about them.

           A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to finish this project. First, I stitched together each row, then put all the rows together. Finally, I saw it needs a border, so that is what I am working on now, 15 to 30 minutes a day, not quite every day. Once it’s done, I’ll decide what to do with it. 

 

 

-------------------------------------

It’s Slice of Life Tuesday over at Two Writing Teachers. Check out this encouraging and enthusiastic writing community and their slices of life every Tuesday. And add one of your own.

4 comments:

  1. I'm like you, never bored. But I have to admit that the pandemic gets to me occasionally. I miss hanging out with friends IRL, and shopping, and gathering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been bored either; I just really miss my kids and grandkids. I am teaching in person and feeling a little bitter. Maybe I need to look for a project. I think I have some counted cross stitch tucked away. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always projects to do but I do need/want to get out to see things beyond my four walls. I love your project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree - I've rarely been bored the last few months. In fact, I have flourished and grown/taken risks that I could not have anticipated.

    ReplyDelete