Monday, April 2, 2018

Blogging A-Z: A Is for Aimless


            April’s writing challenge is to blog every day, with each post beginning with a letter of the alphabet from beginning to end. We skip Sundays, so as to have 26 days of the month, except to do that we have to start on April 1. I’m a day behind, so I’ll post twice today.
            Aimless is still how I am feeling much of the time. When I have freelance work to do, or a lunch or dinner engagement with a friend, or one of my many groups in the evening, I tend to focus on those. But there is usually time “in between,” when I would have been talking to Jack, or we would have been going to the movies, or wandering around town (before he fell) or the neighborhood (after he fell).
            I’m not an astrology person, but I can’t help noticing that I am a classic Gemini, finding it hard to make up my mind between sometimes opposing tracks, or simply having too many interests to settle on one. Jack gave me structure, and now he’s gone—so I have to find, to make my own structure. It’s not easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment