Monday, March 30, 2020

SOL30: Missing Jack


            My husband died four years ago. He would not have liked this current pandemic. Even though he’d fallen on the ice two years before that and become partially disabled, he still went out to walk around the block every day with a cane or a walker. Neither one of those devices would have given him the agility to move aside if someone was walking toward him closer than the mandated six feet.
            Would he have continued to go out to walk? How irascible would he have been if he’d felt unable to go out to walk? (Before his fall he'd gone to the gym almost every day.) On the other hand, he would have insisted that we get a replacement TV as soon as the old one broke (see March 1 post). I finally ordered one from Best Buy today. The webpage says it will be delivered by Thursday. We’ll see how that works out.
-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 13th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 30 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

2 comments:

  1. I find myself thinking of my loved ones who aren't here right now and wondering how they would be doing. It's an odd exercise, but I guess I'm not alone in doing it! I hope the memories of your husband bring you comfort. Good job on the TV buying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDN Poker merupakan Situs DominoQQ Terpercaya dan nomor 1 di Indonesia, tentu selalu memberikan kepuasan bagi petaruh di Indonesia. Dengan memberikan berbagai keuntungan yang besar nan melimpah, seperti salah satunya adalah bonus

    ReplyDelete