Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SOLSC: Winter Storm Redux


            Today the fourth winter storm in March, so far. I missed the first one, being in New Orleans, but was welcomed back to New York with the second one. The third mostly missed the city, but left considerable snow in the northern and western suburbs.
        Today’s storm postponed my women’s group, FOR THE SECOND TIME. We normally meet the first Wednesday of the month, but that was the day of the second storm. So we changed our meeting to two weeks later (I had my writers’ group at my house on the second Wednesday), which is today. Snow again in the forecast, so we decided to scratch March entirely.
            Now it CANNOT snow on April 4. It Can Not.
            I’d been planning to bring a rotisserie chicken to my women’s group—which functions also as a potluck. So I bought the rotisserie chicken for myself. There will be chicken salad tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow...
-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 11th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 21 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

1 comment:

  1. Feeling your pain - although I love chicken salad. Spring will really arrive soon!

    ReplyDelete