Thursday, March 3, 2022

SOLSC 3: Food

I love to cook. Even after my husband died six years ago, I continued to cook the amounts I’d made before, so  extras into the freezer or lots of leftovers (I love to cook, but not every day).

           
I also used to eat out a lot. I’d eat dishes I didn’t want to cook myself (mussels, lamb shanks) or cuisines I don’t have all the ingredients for (Chinese, Japanese). Since Covid, however, eating out has been limited to weather warm enough to sit outside. So I’ve had to cook more often.

            Like today. I had some shiitake mushrooms from the local farmers’ market and maybe two cups of kasha left over from a meal a couple of days ago. So I sliced maybe three ounces of the mushrooms and a small onion, sauteed them, then added the rest of the kasha to warm it up. Ate that for dinner with the last of baked sole and some sauteed kale. There’s still a few servings of the kasha left, so that will take care of more meals. There’s also lentil stew I made a couple of days ago. But tomorrow I’ll think about what protein to stock up on to go with that kasha.

-------------------------------------

I’m participating in the 15th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 3 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

 


1 comment:

  1. All the foods you speak of are speaking to my hunger! Sounds so good and now I want to make myself some lentil stew today with big glob of sauteed kale on top.
    It's cold out but temps are going to rise slightly from the sunshine (still going to be around 30 degrees though). I can just about taste the inspiration you've given me and it feels like a warm sweater.

    ReplyDelete