Wednesday, March 9, 2022

SOLSC 9: A Dead Day


Dead because the weather and my sleep patterns are conspiring against me. I have a pair of walking sticks to use in snow or slush, and in the winter I keep them by the front door. Last weekend, when it was springtime warm, one of the sticks had fallen over, and I thought, I won’t need these anymore—and put them in the closet.

            Mother Nature noticed, and gave me, and the rest of us, a chilly slap. Rain, then snow, and rain again today. No walk for me.

            And not just because of the weather. My sleep the past few weeks has become erratic—either not falling asleep for hours, or waking too early and remaining awake for hours. Today, I felt too tired to tackle the slippery streets even with those walking sticks.

            Here’s hoping my sleep improves tonight; the weather is supposed to get warmer, at least.

            -------------------------------------

I’m participating in the 15th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 9 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

 


6 comments:

  1. Sleep. Why is it so hard to do something so easy? Our weather has also been erratic, interfering with my afternoon walks. Kudos to you for going out in cold weather though. That's my cue to stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually go out, just stood in the front door of my building and looked at the cold. It was still lightly raining.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes having a "dance party" also gives you the energetic steps that a walk, cancelled by treacherous ice, would have offered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should have done that. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete
  3. Monday I didn't sleep for more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time and headed to work Tuesday with maybe 3 hours cobbled together? Ugh. I really hate that. I hope you get better sleep ... and that we get better weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Why are our bodies so rebelling against what our bodies need? It's a puzzlement. I hope your sleep has been better since Monday.

    ReplyDelete