Monday, March 13, 2017

SOLSC 13: Prep Work


            I had an errand that took me all the way downtown this afternoon and then the Post Office. When I came home, I intended to immediately go back out and restock my refrigerator, which I’d emptied out before my travels.
            Once I sat down, though, fatigue took over, and I lay down for a nap. An hour later, I got up, made a shopping list, and went to the store. Where, at the entrance, I was directed to the “very short wait, short line.”
            There is a blizzard forecast, with snow starting around midnight and continuing all day. So maybe people are panicking just a bit? The line was not so short. I waited 10 minutes. Some people passing by said, “This is crazy!” A woman who said she lived above the store and shopped sometimes twice a day: “This is hysterical,” she said.
            Once I got in, there was no problem. The store was still well-stocked. I didn’t have long to wait to pay, and since I was paying cash, I wasn’t affected by the computers processing credit and debit cards going down briefly.
            Bring on the blizzard.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm a little jealous. We've had practically no snow in Southwest Ohio, and we're just getting a dusting tonight. No snow days, no blizzard excitement. I have to say - if it's going to be winter and cold...I want it to snow!!! Enjoy the winter wonderland!

    ReplyDelete