Thursday, March 26, 2015

Slice of Life, #26


            Tonight I went to Open Expressions in Harlem.  Started by CeCe Falls and held the fourth Thursday of the month, Open Expressions has a featured poet, but first an open mike for poets, fiction and memoir writers, singers or musicians. Tonight Cece was the featured poet, and she was terrific.
            I read a very revised version of my March 21 Slice, which I would post here, but it’s on my computer at the office. Sorry. It was fun, though, and most of the poets were really good. Ed Toney’s piece about his grandmother was a lovely evocation. 
            When I left to get on the subway at 125th Street, it was cool but still pleasant, with no hint of dampness. When I got off at 110th Street in Morningside Heights, it felt like New York had suddenly acquired micro-climates: it was raining lightly with a  bite in the air. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I was in the subway with you! Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing at an open mike feels even scarier than posting on a blog! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete