Tuesday, March 28, 2023

SOLSC March 28: How Technology Takes Over Our Time

1. My pharmacy sends me a text through an app.

2. I have to log in to the app.

3. I don’t remember my password, and it's not in my current list of passwords.

4a. I could go look for last year’s list of passwords in my desk

or

4b. I could press “Forgot Password”

5. I choose 4b because I don’t want to get out of my chair.

6. I have to fill out a form with my name EXACTLY as the pharmacy has it, and I’m prompted to get a pill bottle for that info, so...

7. I have to get out of my chair.

8. After I fill in my  name and birth date, I have to wait for a verification code.

9. I type in the verification code and am provided with my user name (not what I thought it was).

10. Now I have to choose a password of at least nine characters including upper and lower case letters, numbers, and other characters.

11. Once that is done, I can see the text my pharmacy sent me.

12. I have prescriptions to pick up? Now I have to call to find out what those prescriptions are.

-------------------------------------

I’m participating in the 16th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 28 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!


No comments:

Post a Comment