Tuesday, February 26, 2019

SOLTuesday: Rain Last Week, Sunny but Cold This Week


Last Tuesday I was still traveling (in Birmingham, Ala.), and raining again, for the third Tuesday in a row, but this week I am back in New York City, where it is sunny but cold cold cold. I’m trying to get up to speed for the daily slices starting Friday.
            Last Tuesday I had free-lance work to do, then went out to lunch at Miami Fusion, where I had a jerk chicken salad, very tasty but unlike any jerk chicken I’ve had before, more like a sweet and sour sauce. Then I visited the main branch of the Birmingham Public Library, where I read the first few chapters of Jo Nesbo’s retelling of “Macbeth” in modern terms.
            In a corner of the library lobby was a used-book store, where the library sells donated books. This seems like a brilliant idea. The New York Public Library’s main branch has a shop, but it sells new books as well as all kinds of gift items. Only one branch in Manhattan that I know of accepts used-book donations and holds regular book sales. I spoke to the volunteer at the Birmingham Library bookstore about whether I could send her books, and she told me about flat-rate boxes from the U.S. Postal Service. I will look into that tomorrow.

 
-------------------------------------
It’s Slice of Life Tuesday over at Two Writing Teachers. Check out this encouraging and enthusiastic writing community and their slices of life every Tuesday. And add one of your own.

1 comment:

  1. It has been a crazy winter so far.
    Our library is having their spring book sale now - and I have donated books there as well as buying (not that I need anymore books!)

    ReplyDelete