Tuesday, January 30, 2018

SOLTuesday: Getting Moving


Last week I was feeling bogged down by the pileup of objects in my life that were breaking—and I was doing almost nothing to take care of the problems. (See my Essay #4 here.) Yesterday, the dam broke, in a good way.
            First of all, I found the receipt for the printer that no longer prints, and discovered that I was within the period of the 2-year product replacement protection I had bought for $10. Next,
I tested the stuck bureau drawer, as I’ve been doing randomly for weeks, and it opened! Did it fix itself? So, I took the printer back to Best Buy and got a new one, and paid another $10 for replacement protection. Easier than getting it fixed because I would have been without it for as long as it took them.
            Now all I have to do is send off the shoulder purses with broken zippers to be fixed with the lifetime guarantee the company offers. I’ve had these purses for many years and have gotten them fixed many times. Just felt stuck this time. Once that gets taken care of... what new obstacle will present itself to me to be overcome?

-------------------------------------
It’s Slice of Life Tuesday over at Two Writing Teachers. Check out this encouraging and enthusiastic writing community and their slices of life every Tuesday. And add one of your own.

8 comments:

  1. You have reminded me not to let small challenges ruin what could be a good day. It's hard, though, when several seem to hit you just when you are most vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is true. We just have to keep putting the same note on our to-do lists until it gets done, or it outlives its usefulness.

      Delete
  2. Power! Your slice inspired me to do some of the things I've been procrastinating about for years. My dad used to say, "ain't nothing to it but to do it". Your piece reminds me of this truth! I wondered, what purses have a lifetime guarantee? That needs to be my next purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eagle Creek is the company that makes the purse, and some other products as well with a lifetime guarantee. Here's more information: https://shop.eaglecreek.com/faq

      Delete
  3. May the find of that one receipt be the start of great repairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all I have to do is get the printer box out of the cart, and the printer out of the box, and then hooked up, plugged in, and synced to my wi-fi. Maybe by this weekend...

      Delete
  4. I love your blog and have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger AWARD!

    I hope you accept!

    https://tammysreadinglife.wordpress.com/2018/02/05/and-the-winner-is/

    ReplyDelete