Tuesday, February 25, 2020

SOLTuesday: Another Busy Day, Back Home


            So much has happened today, since I came home last night at 1 a.m. It hasn't even been 24 hours, but here are my accomplishments:
• unpacked,
• sorted through worn clothes from the suitcase,
• had breakfast,
• started the laundry in my building’s basement,
• forgot that I’d intended to go to the gym first,
• forgot to pay for the clothes in the dryer,
• learned some gossip about the vacant apartment next door to me,
• had a long conversation with my brother about some of his family dysfunction,
• had a conversation with my daughter about her fall a couple of days ago (she’s okay),
• gone shopping for lunch and ingredients for dinner tonight,
• called a friend visiting from California about getting together,
• went to the gym,
• came home,
• made soup with leftover chicken carcass from the freezer and spelt,
• now watching the Democratic presidential candidates’ debate.
            I still have to sort through two weeks’ worth of mail (I’ve already tossed a large flyer for cosmetic dentistry) and go through the travel receipts to see how big my next credit card bill will be. That’s a good job for the debate to go on in the background.
-------------------------------------
It’s Slice of Life Tuesday over at Two Writing Teachers. Check out this encouraging and enthusiastic writing community and their slices of life every Tuesday. And add one of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment