Tuesday, May 11, 2021

May Golden Shovel #10

(I’ll catch up with #9 tomorrow, I promise myself)

 

source: Too Dark to See the Light Side

 

If you hadn’t been too

Late, I would have missed the dark

Spiraling galaxies sent to

Warn us of dangers we didn’t want to see,

Dangers within us. We couldn’t see the

Ways we fled from the light,

Fearing clarity would reveal us on the wrong side.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

I’m continuing to use Terrance Hayes’s Golden Shovel poem format, as proposed by the Sunday New York Times "At Home" section, for 30 Poems in 30 Days during National Poetry Month.

 

Take a newspaper headline that attracts you.

Use each word in the line as the end word for each line in your poem.

Keep the end words in order.

Describe the story that the headline is for.

The poem does not have to be about the same subject as the headline that creates the end words.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment