Wednesday, March 6, 2024

SOLMarch 6: My Life in 50 Objects, a Teether

A close friend’s mother sent us this silver teether when our daughter was born. I no longer remember whether Christie used it for its purpose—maybe she did, maybe she didn’t. Sadly, I have allowed it to become seriously tarnished. Maybe posting it here will galvanize me to polish it and make it shiny again.

-------------------------------------

I’m participating in the 17th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 6 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

 


2 comments:

  1. That style of teether has always interested me. It's like a doorknob, which seems such an odd choice. At the same time, it seems the perfect shape. As for getting rid of the tarnish, a nice little rouge cloth would do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a "rouge cloth"? What is that and where would I find it? I have a bunch of silver utensils that were my grandparents (maybe brought from Russia?) and I took from my aunt's house, and they are also extremely tarnished. I tried silver polish some years ago, but it hardly made a dent, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete