Friday, March 22, 2024

SOLSCMarch 22: Where Does the Time Go?


           
A friend in my age group (post-80) and I were commiserating yesterday about how we have no time anymore. And here is one reason why.

            I have spent almost 40 minutes the past few days double-checking that my primary doctor got the report on my routine mammogram and sonogram. The tests were three weeks ago. On Monday I called my doctor's office to verify that she'd gotten the results (the tests were not done in the same hospital system that my doctor is attached to). Four days later a nurse in the doctor's office called me back to say they had not gotten them. Today I spent some time finding both the phone number of the site that did the tests and the fax number for my doctor. Then I called the site where the tests were done, had to wait through what seemed endless choices from the recording that answers the phone and finally spoke to the person who sends the reports. She said the report had been sent the day after the tests were done (she had the correct fax number), but she would send again. Then I called the doctor's office to alert them to look for the faxed results. The person answering the phone said she’s be on the lookout and would call me that they were received. She kept using the word “uploaded,” and I had to remind her that faxing and uploading are different methods, and this report was coming via fax.

            (I’m having trouble writing something every day. There just doesn’t seem to be any time!)

-------------------------------------

I’m participating in the 17th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 22 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!


2 comments:

  1. I totally get what you're talking about. I was only home for two days - had to cancel one appt, go to another, schedule a mammogram (and get records from my last, in Seattle, sent to new place in NC), and get set up for PT. I am struggling with writing topics. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's late afternoon today, I'm about to go to a meeting, and the day will have gotten away from me one more time. I hope you are settling in a bit better, and hang in there, too!

      Delete