Tuesday, March 10, 2020

SOL 10: Newspaper Comics


I haven’t seen newspaper comics in decades. But in my trip to San Diego last month, my hotel provided a free Sunday copy of the San Diego Times-Union, which included a four-page insert of many, many comics. There were old favorites (Peanuts, Hagar the Horrible, the Family Circus, Doonesbury, and who knew Mary Worth still existed), as well as strips I’ve never heard of (Foxtrot, Pearls Before Swine, the Other Coast). It was fun to be reacquainted and acquainted. And they reminded me of online comics I’ve come to enjoy, xkcd first and foremost.








 
-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 13th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 10 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

2 comments:

  1. I love xkcd! (And it's a great reminder to me to stop giving myself such a hard time over the drawing part!)

    ReplyDelete