Tuesday, March 17, 2020

SOL17: Pandemic No Place for a Hypochondriac


            I am a person who is very sensitive to how my body feels, yet have no interest or aptitude for medicine. This tends to make me hyperaware, and hyperanxious, about pains, aches, twinges, with only my logical mind to interpret them.
            At least I know this about myself, so I tend to not go to my doctor every time I’m worrying because I don’t want to be the person who cried “wolf.” And then  I worry that I’ll  miss the symptom that I really should have worried about.
            While I was awake in the middle of the night last night, the headline for this post popped into my mind. It probably deserves an essay, but I will work on that later. For now, this is only my slice. A loaf may come later.
-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 13th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 17 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

2 comments:

  1. Trying to stay on the "sunny side" seems to be a challenge. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vacillate wildly between optimism and pessimism. How about you?

    ReplyDelete