Wednesday, March 11, 2020

SOL 11: At the Post Office


I went to the post office today to buy stamps (yes, I still use the postal service). I was trying to use my credit card in the machine without touching anything with my fingers. It wasn’t easy, and I said, “Nobody wants to touch anything.”
            The postal agent, a small, older African-American woman, said quietly, “Ever again?”
            “Well,” I said, “not until things get back to normal.”
            “When will that be?” she asked.
            “Maybe after the election?” I suggested.
            She laughed out loud.
-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 13th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 11 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!


2 comments:

  1. Haha so true!! I'm debating on wearing gloves everywhere! I cant afford to get sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up shaking hands has been tough. The elbow touch only works for those you know well because the you can laugh about it.

    ReplyDelete