Wednesday, March 25, 2020

SOL25: Making Art?


            Trying to amuse myself at home, I took all these magnets I’ve gotten in donation solicitations from the New York Public Library and made a tiled image.

And now the front pages of the New York Times, since Thursday, March 5, through Sunday, March 22. When I taught copyediting, I liked to have collections of headlines to show headline-writing judgment and styles. I’m not keeping the actual pages now that I have the photos, but it’s interesting to see what news was highlighted early on. The banner headlines are less frequent this week, so far, And I’ll post this week’s collection next Sunday.

-------------------------------------
I’m participating in the 13th annual Slice of Life Challenge over at Two Writing Teachers. This is day 25 of the 31-day challenge.  It’s not too late to make space for daily writing in a community that is encouraging, enthusiastic, and eager to read what you have to slice about.  Join in!

1 comment:

  1. My parents were avid newspaper readers. I love how your photos capture the wave of events. Those will be of interest in years to come.

    ReplyDelete